High School Level Pre-Season training Macrocycle 1-C
Weeks 19-24 of Macrocycle 1 for Pre-season training. This is a Friday workout(lower back, lats, biceps, abs). Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in straight sets with 60 seconds rest between sets.
Lateral High Hops
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Plyometric exercise to work explosiveness in the lower body.
Plyometric Depth Pushups
1. Start by placing feet on a bench and your hands on steps or blocks of your desired height.
2. Begin by getting into a push up position with your hands on the blocks.
3. Proceed into a pushup and when you push to extend your arms you should push hard enough to allow your hands to leave the blocks and land on the floor.
4. Once your hands have landed on the floor proceed into another pushup. Press up off the floor with enough force to have your hands leave the floor and land back on the blocks.
5. Repeat this cycle for the desired number of repetitions.
Keep torso straight but bent forward at the hips slightly.
Explosively raise the barbell by extending the hips, knee and ankle in a “jumping action”.
Keep your elbow pointed out and arm straight.
At maximum height slightly flex the hips then the knees.
Rotate elbows around and under the barbell. At maximum bar height, fully extend the elbows and lock the barbell overhead.
Catch the barbell by flexing at the knees and hips to absorb the weight and stand to a parallel stance.
Use 75-85 of max.
Starting Position: Grab the barbell with your body is in a bentover stance with your back flat.
Explode up by pushing your feet through the floor keeping the bar close to your legs.
Keep your arms straight and forcefully extend your hips, knees, and ankles.
At the same time shrug your shoulders and at their highest point curl the bar up while forcing your hips forward and support the bar at chest level .
Return to starting position and repeat.
Use 75-85 of max.
Standing Bent Over Row (barbell)
1) Stand with feet hip width and knees slightly bent.
2) Start position: Bend at hips with back straight. Hold BB shoulder width apart with overhand grip (palms toward body) and let arms straight down (perpendicular to floor).
3) Pull BB up to chest region squeeze shoulder blades together at top of movement.
4) Return to start position. Keep elbows close to body from start to finish.
Remember to keep back and head straight - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury.
1) Adjust seat or knee pad height so that knees are secured while seated.
2) Grasp bar with a overhand grip wider than shoulder width apart and sit with knees secured in pads.
3) Start position: Fully extend arms with elbows facing out with back straight (you may lean back at hips approximately 5°-10°).
4) Pull bar down to upper chest area and squeeze shoulder blades together at end of movement.
5) Return to start position.
6) Remember to keep torso stationary throughout movement.
DB curl with shoulder press
1. Start by holding the dumbells at your side with a neutral grip.
2. Curl the dumbells up to shoulder level and then proceed into a shoulder press.
3. Keep your abs tight throughout the movement.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Seated Dumbell Bicep Curl
1) Sit in upright position on stability ball.
2) Start position: Grasp DB’s with underhand grip (palms facing forward) and allow arms to hang down at sides. Elbows should be close to sides.
3) Flex at the elbows and curl DB’s up to approximately shoulder level. Keep elbows close to sides throughout movement.
4) Return to start position.
Weighted Back Extension
1) Position body face down on apparatus placing hips and ankles on respective pads.
2) Place hips (and not stomach) on pad. Place lower leg or achilles tendon area on pad. Place a weight plate behind neck and hold with your hands.
3) Start position: Back should be parallel to ground with knees slightly bent.
4) Lower body until legs and hip are approximately at 90¢X.
5) Return to start position.
6) To increase resistance, place arms behind head „³ arms extended overhead „³ holding weight plate or weighted object across chest.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully swing ball forward and around towards the left side. Reverse back in the opposite direction. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
Reverse Wood Chop with bands or cable
1. Start by standing parallel to the band or cable.
2. Hang onto the handle in front of your body. Keeping your arms semi straight rotate your body out and away from the band.
3. Keep your feet planted and twist from your trunk or core. Remember to keep your arms semi straight throughout the movement.
4. Return to the starting point and repeat according to the required repetitions.
5. Repeat with the other side.