High School Level In-Season training Macrocycle 1-A
- Weeks 32-37(or longer) of Macrocycle 1 for In-Season training.
- This is a 2 times a week resistance program(Monday and Thursday),
- Perform 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout.
- Complete in supersets of 2-3 exercises. Rest 45 seconds between exercises.
- Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits.
Single Leg Lateral Hops
1. Start by standing on one leg with your hands on your waist or at your sides.
2. Proceed to hop to the side while maintaining your balance and hop back to the starting position.
3. You can place a rope on the ground or any object on the ground. The object can be small in size and height or large to increase difficulty.
4. Continously repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Lateral High Hops
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
This exercise is used for both agility and explosiveness (plyometrics)
Seated Trunk Rotation with 1 leg
1. Start by sitting on the stability ball and hold a dumbell straight out in front of your shoulders.
2. Slowly raise one leg off the floor and maintain your balance.
3. Now rotate your trunk back and forth holding the dumbell out in front of you and keeping one leg off the floor.
4. Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions and repeat with the other leg.
Alternating DB Chest Press on Ball
1. Start by lying on your back on the ball. Hold a dumbell in each hand with your elbows out.
2. Contract your abdominals to maintain stability and once you are stabilized alternate and press one dumbell up above your chest. Then press the other dumbell.
3. Continue for the required number of repetitions.
Close Grip Cable Pulldown
1) Adjust seat or knee pad height so that knees are secured while seated.
2) Grasp bar with underhand grip shoulder width apart and sit with knees secured in pad.
3) Start position: Fully extend arms with elbows facing forward with back straight (you may lean back at hips approximately 5°-10°).
4) Pull bar down to upper chest area and squeeze shoulder blades together at end of movement.
5) Return to start position.
6) Remember to keep torso stationary throughout movement.
Seated Dumbbell Arnold Press
Sit upright holding two dumbells.
Start position: Position DB’sl to ear level with an overhand grip (palms facing back).
Press hands up and out laterally above head keeping wrists over the elbows and arms moving parallel to body at all times. Rotate hand during movement so that your palms are back facing forward at the top of the movement.
Return to start position.
Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or excessive flexion may cause injury.
Repeat with other arm.