Active Rest Period Macrocycle 1 & 2
- Complete 1-2 weeks after every foundational, functional and pre-season level.
- This is the opportunity for the athletes to rest and recover.
- No type of streneous exercise should be performed.
- Pick any one of the exercises below and complete 1-2x a week for 20-30 minutes at low to moderate intensity.
1. Start by placing feet on foot plates and grabbing rowing bar.
2. Explode with your legs and pull with your arms to an extended position.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat according to the program. Try to keep your back somewhat straight throughout movement and just use your legs and arm.