Pro Level In-Season training Macrocycle 1
- Weeks 32-36(or longer) of Macrocycle 1 for In-Season training.
- This is a twice a week resistance program.
- Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up.
- Complete in straight sets with 30 seconds rest between sets.
Leg Balance on Wobble Board
1. Start by standing on the wobble board allowing one side to touch the ground.
2. Pick one leg up off the wobble board and slightly bend your knee.
3. Using the muscles in the lower leg raise the board edge off the ground so that you are balancing on the fulcrum.
4. Hold for the prescribed time and repeat with the other leg.
Balance for 30 seconds on each foot.
Smith Machine Rear Lunge
1. Start by placing the bar on your shoulders in the smith machine.
2. Proceed to step back with one foot into a lunged position.
3. Lunge down until your knee is bent to about 90 degrees.
4. Proceed to stand back up to the starting position.
5. Repeat for the suggested repetitions and then repeat with the other leg.
Seated Shoulder Press (lever)
1. Sit in upright position or stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
2. Start position: Position barbell to ear level with an overhand grip (palms facing forward).
3. Press hands up above head keeping wrists over the elbows and arms moving parallel to body at all times.
4. Return to start position.
5. Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or excessive flexion may cause injury.
Seated Back Extension
Starting Position: Sit upright in the machine with your upper back against the roller.
Keeping your back flat hyperextend so that you push against the roller pad.
Extend back to almost a neutral position and then return to the starting position.
Weight shift balance on balance disc
1. Start by standing on one balance disc with both feet.
2. Once your balance is maintained pick one heel up off the ground and onto your toes. Then put that foot down and pick up the other heel. It will look like you are walking in place.
3. Keep your core tight throughout this movement and repeat for the prescribed repetitions.
Prone Knee Tuck on ball
1. Start in a push up position with your feet on top of a stability ball.
2. Slowly bring your knees in towards your chest and then return to the starting position.
3. When your legs are extended make sure to keep your hips parallel with your body and do not let them sag towards the ground.
One arm chest press and thrust
1) Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on mid to upper back region (you may rest head on flexaball). Raise hips to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3) Start position: Maintaining stability, bring 1 DB to shoulder and press up positioning DB above the chest with palm facing forward.
4) Lower the DB keeping your forearm perpendicular to the floor and your hand aligned at the nipple line.
5) Let your upper arm go slightly past parallel to the floor and press the DB up to the start position. As you press up forcefully bring the other arm down towards the shoulder.
6) Your body should rotate just a little with this type of movement. Complete prescribed repetitions and then perform with other arm.
Standing Bent Over Row (barbell)
1) Stand with feet hip width and knees slightly bent.
2) Start position: Bend at hips with back straight. Hold BB shoulder width apart with overhand grip (palms toward body) and let arms straight down (perpendicular to floor).
3) Pull BB up to chest region squeeze shoulder blades together at top of movement.
4) Return to start position. Keep elbows close to body from start to finish.
Remember to keep back and head straight - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury.