Pro Level Pre-Season training Macrocycle 2-C
Weeks 31-36 of Macrocycle 2 for Pre-Season training. This is a Thursday workout(lower body). Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in straight sets with 75 seconds rest between sets.
Alternating Split Squat Jump
1) Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
2) Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back erect and straight in a neutral position. Place hands on waist.
3) Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to floor then immediately explode vertically.
4) Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice versa.
5) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
Power Clean to Split Jerk
Starting Position: Grab the barbell with your body is in a bentover stance with your back flat.
Explode up by pushing your feet through the floor keeping the bar close to your legs.
Keep your arms straight and forcefully extend your hips, knees, and ankles.
At the same time shrug your shoulders and at their highest point curl the bar up while forcing your hips forward and support the bar at chest level.
From this position press the barbell over your head and flex your hips and squat down into a split stance at the same time. Finish with the barbell in an overhead position.
Return to starting position and repeat.
Every second and/or third clean, do the spit jerk. Lifts to be performed at 60-75 of max, working on technique, form and speed.
Lateral Step Up with Hop
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Single Leg Hop to Box (1 foot land)
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box using only 1 foot. Your foot should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat with other leg.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully underhand toss ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Hyper on Ball
1. Start by placing the ball on a small ledge or on the floor if the height is comfortable.
2. Lean over the ball and secure yourself to an object with your hands.
3. Slowly lift your legs up and back until your body is parallel.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions.
Cable Leg Curls
1. Start by standing in front of the machine with one cable strap around 1 leg.
2. Maintaining your balance curl that leg up and back until your foot almost touches your butt.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed repetitions.
4. Repeat with the other leg.
Supine Calf Raise
1. Start by lying in an angled leg press machine and place the balls of your feet on the foot plate.
2. Extend your legs and relese the safety stops.
3. Keeping your legs semi-straight bringing your toes back towards your knees so that your toes are below your heels.
4. Push with the balls of your feet and extend your toes past your heels.
5. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Supine Twist with med ball
1. Lie on your back with the ball under your upper shoulders and hold onto a medicine ball above your chest.
2. Keeping the ball in front of your chest rotate your shoulders and trunk until the ball is facing the side.
3. Try to keep your hips somewhat stable and facing the ceiling during this movement.
4. The movement should initiate from your trunk. Alternate sides until the prescribed repetitions are complete.
Point rollout on ball
1. Place your forearms on top of the ball and your feet anchored on the floor.
2. Keep your trunk in a parallel position and draw your belly button in towards your spine.
3. Slowly extend your arms out away from your body and then bring them back in towards your chest.
4. Do not let your hips drop below parallel. If this happens do not extend your arms as far. Your arms should only be extended as far as you can without dropping your hips below parallel.