In-Season training Macrocycle 1
- Weeks 27-31(or longer) of Macrocycle 1 for In-Season training.
- This is a twice a week resistance program.
- Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up.
- Rest 60 seconds between sets.
leg rotary pull
1. Start by standing on one leg and holding a cable handle with the opposite hand.
2. Proceed to pull the cable handle towards your waist while maintaining your balance on one leg.
3. You will also rotate your body slightly to do this.
4. Complete the desired repetitions and repeat with the other arm and leg.
Pushup with med ball and balance board
1. Start by placing your feet on a balance board and a hand on each medicine ball.
2. Move into a plank position and maintain your balance by extending your arms.
3. Proceed to bend your elbows while maintaining your balance until your elbows are bent to about 90 degrees.
4. Extend your elbows until you reach full extension.
5. Keep your abs drawn in tight to maintain good technique.
Kneeling Shoulder Press on Stability Ball
1) Position yourself with your knees on top of the ball and maintain your balance in an upright position.
2) Start position: Position DB’s to ear level with an overhand grip (palms facing forward).
3) Press hands up above head keeping wrists over the elbows and arms moving parallel to body at all times.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or excessive flexion may cause injury.
Lying Leg Press
Starting Position: Place your shoulders under the pads and your feet should be about shoulder width apart on the platform.
Release the safety bars and bend your knees into a squatted position.
Once your thighs break parallel then extend your legs to a soft bend in your knees.
Repeat for the prescribed number of reps.
Keep your abs tight throughout the movement to minimize low back injury or strain.
1. Start by placing a V-bar over a pull up bar.
2. Grab the V-bar and proceed to pull y
ourself up towards the top.
3. Lower yourself until your arms are straight and then repeat for the desired repetitions.
Kneeling Cable Tricep Extension
1. Kneel in an upright position. Grasp bar with shoulder or medium width with overhand grip.
2. Start position: Bend forward so your body is at a 45 degree angle.
3. Lower bar behind head by bending elbows to 90°. Elbows should remain pointing forward.
4. Return to start position with elbows extended
5. Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep shoulder stabilized throughout movement.
Seated Back Extension
Starting Position: Sit upright in the machine with your upper back against the roller.
Keeping your back flat hyperextend so that you push against the roller pad.
Extend back to almost a neutral position and then return to the starting position.
Perform this execise on heavy days(Mondays).
Straight Leg Leg Lift
1. Start by lying on your back with your legs perpendicular to the floor holding a stability ball in between your legs.
2. Keeping your abs tight and your lower back in a neutral position slowly lower the ball towards the floor.
3. Once you reach the floor return to the starting position and repeat.
4. If you find that your lower back is coming up off the floor shorten the range of motion until your abdominal muscles get stronger.