Dynamic Warmup 4
1. From a standing position, jump as high as possible and land down on your feet with your hands on the ground.
2. Kick your feet back. For a moment you will be in a push up position and jump back up again as fast as possible.
3. Repeat for the required repetitions
Lunge onto Box
1) Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart. Place hands on waist or out to sides for stability.
2) Step forward 2-3 feet and place foot onto a box 12-24” high.
3) Pushing off front foot, return to start position. Continue with same leg or alternate as prescribed.
4) Remember to keep head and back upright in a neutral position. Shoulders and hips should remain squared at all times.
Alternate legs back and forth.
1. Lie face down on the floor with hands palm down, fingers pointing straight ahead, and aligned at the nipple line.
2. Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width, and feet should be at hip width with toes on floor. You should be pushing just from your fingertips.
3. Start position: Extend the elbows and raise the body off the floor.
4. Lower your entire body (legs, hips, trunk, and head) 4-8 inches from the floor.
5. Return to the start position by extending at the elbows and pushing the body up.
6. Remember to keep the head and trunk stabilized in a neutral position by isometrically contracting the abdominal and back muscles. Never fully lock out the elbows at the start position and avoid hyperextension of the low back.
Alternating Split Squat Jump
1) Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
2) Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back erect and straight in a neutral position. Place hands on waist.
3) Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to floor then immediately explode vertically.
4) Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice versa.
5) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
Start with both feet together and begins by driving your left leg up into the air and explode off the ground using the right ankle (like a toe raise) keeping the right leg straight.
Extend the left leg out into an extended horizontal position and then paw down with the foot and dive the hips through.
Instead of staying in place extend the right foot so that you land 1-2 feet in front of the starting position with the right foot landing. Place left foot on the ground in a skipping motion.
Now drive the right leg up and out while extending the left ankle in a skipping motion.
Repeat until desired repetitions or distance is met.
Start with both feet together and begin by driving your left leg into the air and explode with the right ankle so that both feet are off the ground.
Upon landing with the right foot bring the left foot down and drive the right leg into the air and repeat.
Continue this bouncing, alternating motion until desired repetitions are met.
Start with a light jog
Pull the heel of the lower leg up to and bounce off the butt.
Your knee should come forward and up during the movement.