Box Drill with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with your body facing the first ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first ring.
3. Now hop to the left and land in the ring to the side. Now jump backwards to land in ring behind you. Finish by jumping to your right to land in final ring.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Hop Scotch with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with each foot in a ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first single ring.
3. Continue hopping and separate your feet to land in each foot in a ring.
4. Continue hopping until desired distance is met and repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the leg forward. At same time drive your right arm forward.
3. Repeat with other leg and arm
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
One Step Wall Throws
1. Stand with both feet parallel with knees slightly bent. A partner or wall should stand approximately 5-10 yards away.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head, take one step forward and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Stand on box with toes close to edge and facing the hoop (or high object i.e. top of volleyball net or soccer crossbar).
2. Step off (not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up and reach with both hands towards the sky.
4. Ground contact time should be short and landings should be soft.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right shoulder and forcefully push (putt) ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Multiple Jump Squats
1) Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, trunk flexed forward slightly with back straight in a neutral position.
2) Arms should be in the “ready” position with elbows flexed at approximately 90°.
3) Lower body where thighs are parallel to ground.
4) Explode vertically and drive arms up.
5) Land on both feet and repeat.
6) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) to ensure proper mechanics. Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Plyometric Depth Pushups
1. Start by placing feet on a bench and your hands on steps or blocks of your desired height.
2. Begin by getting into a push up position with your hands on the blocks.
3. Proceed into a pushup and when you push to extend your arms you should push hard enough to allow your hands to leave the blocks and land on the floor.
4. Once your hands have landed on the floor proceed into another pushup. Press up off the floor with enough force to have your hands leave the floor and land back on the blocks.
5. Repeat this cycle for the desired number of repetitions.