Plyometric Workout 17
- Complete in straight sets with 1 min rest in-between sets.
1) Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart in a semi-squat position.
2) Swinging the arms forward, jump forward as far as possible.
3) Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
4) Remember to keep the back and low back straight in a neutral position.
Jump Up to Box
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box. Feet should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat according to prescribed reps.
Single Arm Throw
Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
Grasp kettleball and lower body into a semi-squat position. Explode up extending the entire body and throwing the kettleball up into the air.
The goal is to throw the ball as high as you can and generating most of the power in the legs.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Plyometric Depth Pushups
1. Start by placing feet on a bench and your hands on steps or blocks of your desired height.
2. Begin by getting into a push up position with your hands on the blocks.
3. Proceed into a pushup and when you push to extend your arms you should push hard enough to allow your hands to leave the blocks and land on the floor.
4. Once your hands have landed on the floor proceed into another pushup. Press up off the floor with enough force to have your hands leave the floor and land back on the blocks.
5. Repeat this cycle for the desired number of repetitions.
Single Leg Lateral Hops
1. Start by standing on one leg with your hands on your waist or at your sides.
2. Proceed to hop to the side while maintaining your balance and hop back to the starting position.
3. You can place a rope on the ground or any object on the ground. The object can be small in size and height or large to increase difficulty.
4. Continously repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Multiple Barrier Jumps
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart behind the first barrier.
2. Jump over first barrier, immediately jump over next barrier and so on down the row.
3. Repeat as prescribed.
One Step Wall Throws
1. Stand with both feet parallel with knees slightly bent. A partner or wall should stand approximately 5-10 yards away.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head, take one step forward and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Start in a shoulder width stance with your knees slightly bent.
2. Jump up into the air and spread your legs out into a wide stance and land in this position.
3. Immediately proceed into a squat and then stand back up into a jump to land with both feet at a shoulder width stance.
4. Repeat this movement for the recommended repetitions.