Plyometric Workout 14
- Complete in one big circuit with 30sec-1min rest in-between exercises.
1) Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart in a semi-squat position.
2) Swinging the arms forward, jump forward as far as possible.
3) Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
4) Remember to keep the back and low back straight in a neutral position.
Jump Up to Box
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box. Feet should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat according to prescribed reps.
Stand with feet parallel and knees slightly bent.
Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball down on the ground as hard as possible.
Catch the ball on the bounce from the ground and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Lateral Barrier Jump
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with right side of body facing the barrier.
2. Hop to the right using both feet over the barrier.
3. Jump back to the start point.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Stand with one foot in front (staggered stance) with knees slightly bent.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible into the wall.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from the wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Step Vertical Jump
1. Stand under the basketball rim, soccer goal crossbar, or football goal post (or any high object as a reference point).
2. Take one step then jump and reach with alternating hand attempting to reach the object on every jump until you complete the prescribed number of repetitions.
3. Remember to keep foot-ground contact time at a minimum, with each jump being at least as high as the previous.
Modified Explosive Pushup
1. Start by getting into a push-up position with your knees on the ground.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.