Plyometric Workout 13
- Complete in one big circuit with 30sec-1min rest in-between exercises.
Bounding with Rings
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the right leg forward. At same time swing left arm forward and land into the first ring, which is 3-4 feet out and to the left with the right foot.
3. Continue and repeat with other leg and arm into the second ring, which is now 3-4 feet up and to the right.
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Squat Throw from Chest
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
2.Hold medicine ball at chest level and squat down to a parallel position.
3.Quickly explode up and jump as high as you can. As you start your jump you should start to shoulder press the ball up and reach full extensions with the arms when you are at the peak of your jump. Push ball as high as possible into the air. Try to minimize the time spent in the squatted position. It should be a real quick squat and jump.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
One Step Wall Throws
1. Stand with both feet parallel with knees slightly bent. A partner or wall should stand approximately 5-10 yards away.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head, take one step forward and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Lateral Step Up with Hop
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Stand with feet parallel and knees slightly bent.
Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball down on the ground as hard as possible.
Catch the ball on the bounce from the ground and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
High Hurdle Jumps
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
2. Perform a standing long jump over the first hurdle.
3. Upon landing, quickly jump over second hurdle. Remember to drive both arms forward to maximize jumps.
4. Hurdles should be near your maximum jump height.
Plyometric Depth Pushups
1. Start by placing feet on a bench and your hands on steps or blocks of your desired height.
2. Begin by getting into a push up position with your hands on the blocks.
3. Proceed into a pushup and when you push to extend your arms you should push hard enough to allow your hands to leave the blocks and land on the floor.
4. Once your hands have landed on the floor proceed into another pushup. Press up off the floor with enough force to have your hands leave the floor and land back on the blocks.
5. Repeat this cycle for the desired number of repetitions.