Plyometric Workout 10
- Complete in straight sets with 1min rest in-between sets.
1. Stand 1-2 feet away from hurdle. Feet should be slightly wider than hip-width apart in a semi-squat position.
2. Driving the arms up and jump over hurdle.
3. Upon landing, quickly jump over next hurdle.
Box Drill with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with your body facing the first ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first ring.
3. Now hop to the left and land in the ring to the side. Now jump backwards to land in ring behind you. Finish by jumping to your right to land in final ring.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Squat Throw from Chest
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
2.Hold medicine ball at chest level and squat down to a parallel position.
3.Quickly explode up and jump as high as you can. As you start your jump you should start to shoulder press the ball up and reach full extensions with the arms when you are at the peak of your jump. Push ball as high as possible into the air. Try to minimize the time spent in the squatted position. It should be a real quick squat and jump.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully underhand toss ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Stand with one foot in front (staggered stance) with knees slightly bent.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible into the wall.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from the wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Bounce, Bounce Jump onto Box
Stand behind box and place one foot on top of box, heel close to the closest edge.
Bounce up and down twice and then push off the box and explode vertically to bring the other foot onto the box.
Step back down with your feet reversed.
Repeat with other leg and continue according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Modified Explosive Pushup
1. Start by getting into a push-up position with your knees on the ground.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.