Plyometric Workout 4
- Complete in straight sets with 1min rest in-between sets.
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the leg forward. At same time drive your right arm forward.
3. Repeat with other leg and arm
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Depth Jump with Barrier
1. Stand on box with toes close to edge and facing the hoop (or high object i.e. top of volleyball net or soccer crossbar).
2. Step off (not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up and over object. The object can be of various height.
4. Ground contact time should be short and landings should be soft.
Modified Explosive Pushup
1. Start by getting into a push-up position with your knees on the ground.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
One Step Wall Throws
1. Stand with both feet parallel with knees slightly bent. A partner or wall should stand approximately 5-10 yards away.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head, take one step forward and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Step Vertical Jump
1. Stand under the basketball rim, soccer goal crossbar, or football goal post (or any high object as a reference point).
2. Take one step then jump and reach with alternating hand attempting to reach the object on every jump until you complete the prescribed number of repetitions.
3. Remember to keep foot-ground contact time at a minimum, with each jump being at least as high as the previous.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right shoulder and forcefully push (putt) ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Multiple Jump Squats
1) Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, trunk flexed forward slightly with back straight in a neutral position.
2) Arms should be in the “ready” position with elbows flexed at approximately 90°.
3) Lower body where thighs are parallel to ground.
4) Explode vertically and drive arms up.
5) Land on both feet and repeat.
6) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) to ensure proper mechanics. Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.