Plyometric Workout 2
- Complete in one big circuit resting 30sec-1min in-between exercises.
- Complete the circuit 3 times.
Bounding with Rings
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the right leg forward. At same time swing left arm forward and land into the first ring, which is 3-4 feet out and to the left with the right foot.
3. Continue and repeat with other leg and arm into the second ring, which is now 3-4 feet up and to the right.
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Box Drill with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with your body facing the first ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first ring.
3. Now hop to the left and land in the ring to the side. Now jump backwards to land in ring behind you. Finish by jumping to your right to land in final ring.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Single Leg Bound to Box
1. Assume a stance with your feet parallel and shoulder width apart.
2. Explode up using one foot onto the box by pushing off the forward foot. Other leg should be driven up to help clear the box.
3. Land on opposite foot and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Lateral High Hops
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Over the Back Toss
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Have a partner or trainer stand approximately 10-15 yards behind you.
2. Grasp ball and lower body into a semi-squat position. Explode up extending the entire body and throwing medicine ball up and over the body.
3. The goal is to throw the ball behind you as far as you and generating most of the power in the legs.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
One Step Wall Throws
1. Stand with both feet parallel with knees slightly bent. A partner or wall should stand approximately 5-10 yards away.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head, take one step forward and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully underhand toss ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
1. Start by getting into a push-up position.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.