Plyometric Workout 1
- Complete each exercise in one big circuit. Rest 30sec-1min in-between exercises.
- Complete the circuit 3 times.
1) Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, trunk flexed forward slightly with back straight in a neutral position.
2) Arms should be in the “ready” position with elbows flexed at approximately 90°.
3) Lower body where thighs are parallel to ground.
4) Explode vertically and drive arms up.
5) Land on both feet and repeat.
Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) to ensure proper mechanics.
Hop Scotch with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with each foot in a ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first single ring.
3. Continue hopping and separate your feet to land in each foot in a ring.
4. Continue hopping until desired distance is met and repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Squat Throw from Chest
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
2.Hold medicine ball at chest level and squat down to a parallel position.
3.Quickly explode up and jump as high as you can. As you start your jump you should start to shoulder press the ball up and reach full extensions with the arms when you are at the peak of your jump. Push ball as high as possible into the air. Try to minimize the time spent in the squatted position. It should be a real quick squat and jump.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Explosive Start Throws
Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
Pick medicine ball up to chest level.
Quickly explode up and press the ball straight out as far and fast as you can.
As you press the ball forward explode with either leg so that you actually sprint forward a couple of steps.
1. Stand with one foot in front (staggered stance) with knees slightly bent.
2. Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball forward as far as possible into the wall.
3. Catch ball on the bounce from the wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Stand with feet parallel and knees slightly bent.
Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball down on the ground as hard as possible.
Catch the ball on the bounce from the ground and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Modified Explosive Pushup
1. Start by getting into a push-up position with your knees on the ground.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.