Vertical Jump Workout 6
Complete in a circuit fashion with about 30 seconds rest in between exercises.
Complete the circuit 3 times.
1) Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart in a semi-squat position.
2) Swinging the arms forward, jump forward as far as possible.
3) Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
4) Remember to keep the back and low back straight in a neutral position.
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the leg forward. At same time drive your right arm forward.
3. Repeat with other leg and arm
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Jump Up to Box
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box. Feet should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat according to prescribed reps.
1. Stand on box with toes close to edge and facing the hoop (or high object i.e. top of volleyball net or soccer crossbar).
2. Step off (not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up and reach with both hands towards the sky.
4. Ground contact time should be short and landings should be soft.