Vertical Jump Workout 11
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
- Complete the circuit 3 times.
Bounding with Rings
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the right leg forward. At same time swing left arm forward and land into the first ring, which is 3-4 feet out and to the left with the right foot.
3. Continue and repeat with other leg and arm into the second ring, which is now 3-4 feet up and to the right.
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Squat Throw (full body)
1. Stand in quarter-squat position with trunk flexed forward and ball held between legs. Arms should be slightly bent.
2. Perform underhand toss as high as you can, using the legs to explode up.
Have partner catch ball on the bounce and return the ball. Athlete should catch ball after a bounce and repeat as prescribed.
High Hurdle Jumps
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
2. Perform a standing long jump over the first hurdle.
3. Upon landing, quickly jump over second hurdle. Remember to drive both arms forward to maximize jumps.
4. Hurdles should be near your maximum jump height.
Lateral High Hops
1. Stand to left side of box and place right foot on top of box.
2. Push off the box using the right leg only and explode vertically as high as possible. Drive the arms forward and up for maximum height.
3. Land with opposite foot onto box. Repeat with the other foot.
4. Repeat according to prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with arms at sides.
2. Jump up bringing knees up to chest.
3. Land on balls of feet and repeat immediately.
4. Remember to reduce ground contact time by landing soft on feet and springing into air.
1. Stand beside object to be cleared.
2. Bring knees up and jump vertically but also laterally off ground and over the barrier.
3. Land on both feet and jump the other direction over barrier.