Vertical Jump Workout 10
Complete in straight sets with 2 minutes rest in between sets.
Jump Up to Box
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box. Feet should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat according to prescribed reps.
1. Stand on box with toes close to edge and facing the hoop (or high object i.e. top of volleyball net or soccer crossbar).
2. Step off (not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up and reach with both hands towards the sky.
4. Ground contact time should be short and landings should be soft.
Deep Squat (barbell)
1. Grasp bar with overhand grip (palms forward) and slightly wider than hip width apart. Step under bar and position bar across posterior deltoids at middle of trapezius (as shown). DO NOT rest bar on neck. Lift elbows up, pull shoulder blades together, and lift chest up to create a “shelf” for the bar.
2. Start position: Using the legs, remove bar from rack. Stand with feet slighter wider than hip width apart. Back should be straight in a neutral position.
3. Lower body by flexing at the hips and knees. Upper body can flex forward at the hips slightly (~5°) during movement. Be sure to “sit back” so that knees stay over the feet.
4. Once thighs are below parallel to floor, return to start position.
5. Remember to keep head and back straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep weight over the middle of foot and heel, not the toes.
6. DO NOT allow knees to go past the big toe or deviate medially or laterally throughout movement. Keep abdominals tight throughout exercise by drawing stomach in toward spine.
Barbell Bulgarian Split Squat
1. Start by placing a barbell on your shoulders.
2. Place your back foot on a bench with your other leg out in front of you.
3. Proceed into a squat position by lowering your hips straight down.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat for the suggested repetitions.
5. Repeat with the other leg.
Horizontal Calf Raise
1. Sit in the machine and place the balls of your feet on the foot plate.
2. Keeping your legs straight extend the balls of your feet and toes out away from you.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat.