Vertical Jump Workout 4
Complete in straight sets with 2 minutes rest in between sets.
Power Clean to Push Jerk
Starting Position: Grab the barbell with your body in a bentover stance with your back flat.
Explode up by pushing your feet through the floor keeping the bar close to your legs.
Keep your arms straight and forcefully extend your hips, knees, and ankles.
At the same time shrug your shoulders and at their highest point curl the bar up while forcing your hips forward and support the bar at chest level.
From this position press the barbell over your head and flex your hips and squat down at the same time. Finish with the barbell in an overhead position.
Return to starting position and repeat
Box Step with Barbell & Knee Drive
1. Stand behind box and place one foot on top of box, heel close to the closest edge. Hold a barbell on your shoulders.
2. Push off the box and explode vertically and drive your other knee up towards your chest. Complete the prescribed number of reps.
3. Repeat with other leg and continue according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Smith Machine Single Leg Squat
1. Start by placing the bar on your shoulders in the smith machine.
2. Proceed to step back with one foot and place onto a box.
3. Lunge down until your knee is bent to about 90 degrees.
4. Proceed to stand back up to the starting position.
5. Repeat for the suggested repetitions and then repeat with the other leg.
Lateral Barrier Jump
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with right side of body facing the barrier.
2. Hop to the right using both feet over the barrier.
3. Jump back to the start point.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Step Vertical Jump
1. Stand under the basketball rim, soccer goal crossbar, or football goal post (or any high object as a reference point).
2. Take one step then jump and reach with alternating hand attempting to reach the object on every jump until you complete the prescribed number of repetitions.
3. Remember to keep foot-ground contact time at a minimum, with each jump being at least as high as the previous.
Machine Seated Calf Raise
1. Sit in the machine and place your knees underneath the pad and the balls of your feet on the foot plate.
2. Raise your heels up towards the ceiling and release the safety stop.
3. Start movement by lowering your heels towards the floor to the fullest range of motion. Flex your calves and push the balls of your feet into the foot plate and raise your heels up towards the ceiling.
4. Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Standing Machine Calf Raise
1) Step into provided shoulder pads. Adjust lever arm so that plates do not touch when lowering the weight.
2) Stand with feet hip width apart or stand on the edge of a step on the balls of feet with heels hanging over edge. Toes should be pointing forward.
3) Contract calves by pushing off balls of feet to raise heels up in air (standing on toes)
4) Lower heels and repeat.
5) Remember to keep knees slightly bent throughout movement to prevent any knee strain. Adjust weight load accordingly.