Vertical Jump Workout 2
- Complete in straight sets with 2 minutes rest in between sets.
Power Clean to Push Jerk
Starting Position: Grab the barbell with your body in a bentover stance with your back flat.
Explode up by pushing your feet through the floor keeping the bar close to your legs.
Keep your arms straight and forcefully extend your hips, knees, and ankles.
At the same time shrug your shoulders and at their highest point curl the bar up while forcing your hips forward and support the bar at chest level.
From this position press the barbell over your head and flex your hips and squat down at the same time. Finish with the barbell in an overhead position.
Return to starting position and repeat
Lateral Lunge (barbell)
1) Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart. Place barbell on your shoulders.
2) Take right foot and step 2-3 feet out to the right side (or the 3 o’clock position). Lean torso forward and sit the right glute back. DO NOT allow lunging knee to extend past the big toe - may cause injury.
3) Pushing off lunging foot, return to start position. Continue with same leg or alternate as prescribed.
4) Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Reaching forward should be performed at the hips and not the low back. Shoulders, hips, and front foot should point forward at all times.
Watch for proper knee alignment - do not let lunging knee extend past big toe or deviate laterally or medially. Opposite leg should remain straight during lunging phase as shown.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with arms at sides.
2. Jump up bringing knees up to chest.
3. Land on balls of feet and repeat immediately.
4. Remember to reduce ground contact time by landing soft on feet and springing into air.
Leg Lateral Box Hop
1. Stand on left foot with the right side of body facing the box.
2. Jump to the right using just the one foot.
3. Land on top of the box and then jump back down to the starting position
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Complete 10 reps with each leg.
Standing Machine Calf Raise
1) Step into provided shoulder pads. Adjust lever arm so that plates do not touch when lowering the weight.
2) Stand with feet hip width apart or stand on the edge of a step on the balls of feet with heels hanging over edge. Toes should be pointing forward.
3) Contract calves by pushing off balls of feet to raise heels up in air (standing on toes)
4) Lower heels and repeat.
5) Remember to keep knees slightly bent throughout movement to prevent any knee strain. Adjust weight load accordingly.