Back Workout 14
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
- Rest 1-2 min and the complete circuit a 2nd time.
Single Leg Supine Bridge
1. Start by lying on top of a stability ball with your upper back.
2. Create a table top with your trunk. Knees should be bent at 90 degrees and your trunk parallel to the floor.
3. Maintain this table top by contracting your abs, and glutes.
4. Raise one leg off the floor maintaining the table top position and extend the knee.
5. Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
Ball Crunch with band
1. Start by lying on top of the ball with the small of your back towards the top of the ball.
2. Place the stability ball in such a position so that the band is behind your head to start the movement. Crunch up and keep your hands and the band behind your head.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions.
BOSU Quadruped Arm/Leg Raise
1. Get on all fours with knees evenly spaced on top of BOSU and hands on the ground. Straighten one leg until it is parallel to the floor and balance touching toe of bent leg to the ground to help balance.
2. When you feel stable, lift the opposite arm and hold, using abs to stabilize.
3. Switch sides and repeat for required repetitions.
Prone Knee Tuck on ball
1. Start in a push up position with your feet on top of a stability ball.
2. Slowly bring your knees in towards your chest and then return to the starting position.
3. When your legs are extended make sure to keep your hips parallel with your body and do not let them sag towards the ground.
Straight Leg Leg Lift
1. Start by lying on your back with your legs perpendicular to the floor holding a stability ball in between your legs.
2. Keeping your abs tight and your lower back in a neutral position slowly lower the ball towards the floor.
3. Once you reach the floor return to the starting position and repeat.
4. If you find that your lower back is coming up off the floor shorten the range of motion until your abdominal muscles get stronger.
Leg knee drive with stability ball
1. Start by placing your hands on top of a stability ball and hold yourself in a pushup position.
2. Maintaining good balance raise your left leg up towards your chest and then return your foot to the floor.
3. Repeat with the other leg.
4. Keep your abs drawn in tight and control the leg movement.