Healthy Back Workout 13
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
- Rest 1-2 minutes and then complete circuit a 2nd time.
Prone Knee Tuck side to side
Rollout on the ball until your shins are on the ball and you are forming a bridge.
Keeping this position roll your knees in towards your chest.
Return to the starting position and repeat.
Same Side Superman
1. Start position: Lie face down on ball with hands down at sides. Raise left arm and left leg off floor.
2. Return to start position and repeat with the other side.
Alternating Single Leg Bridge
Rollout on the ball until just your feet are on the ball and you are forming a bridge.
Keeping this position lift one foot off of the ball and hold for 1-2 seconds.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
3 point rollout on ball
1. Place your forearms on top of the ball and your feet anchored on the floor.
2. Keep your trunk in a parallel position and draw your belly button in towards your spine.
3. Slowly extend your arms out away from your body and then bring them back in towards your chest.
4. Do not let your hips drop below parallel. If this happens do not extend your arms as far. Your arms should only be extended as far as you can without dropping your hips below parallel.
Reverse Hyper on Ball and Bench
1) Start position: Lie face down on bench with hips and legs off ball. Grasp underside of bench or grasp handles (if applicable). With knees slightly bent, raise legs to parallel with the floor.
2) Return to start position.
3) Remember to keep head and back straight in a neutral position throughout movement - hyperextension may cause injury. To decrease intensity, bend knees to 90° and perform movement.