Back Workout 9
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
- Rest 1-2min and the complete circuit for a 2nd time.
Start Position: Place one arm overhead full extended with a kettleball. Bend forward at the hips keeping back flat to touch the floor with the free hand.
While holding one kettleball overhead continue to raise and lower your body.
Continue for the desired repetitions and repeat with the other arm.
Turkish Get Up (lunge style)
Lie supine on your back holding on to a kettlebell perpendicular to your body.
Proceed to get up by sitting up to a seated position and bring one leg underneath you.
Stand up in a lunge style to an upright position.
Starting Position: Hold one kettlebell between your legs and your body is in a bentover stance with your back flat.
Swing the kettlebell backwards and then forcefully swing the kettlebell forward to a chest level. Keep your arm straight and forcefully extend your hips, knees, and ankles.
Supine trunk twists with kettleball
1. Lie on your back on a ball so that the ball is under your upper back.
2. Hold a kettleball up above your chest keeping your arms straight.
3. Holding this position rotate your shoulders and arms to the side so that your shoulders are 90 degrees to your hips.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side. Try to keep your hips facing the ceiling during the entire movement. Do not rotate your hips.
Supine Shoulder Shift with kettlebells
1. Lie on your back with a ball under your upper back and hold a kettlebell in each hand with your arms outstretched.
2. Rotate your body so the exercise ball shifts towards one shoulder and then shift back to the other shoulder.
3. Maintain good core control and balance throughout the movement.
4. Repeat for the prescribed repetitions.