Agility Workout 14
- Complete in straight sets with 30seconds-1minute rest between sets.
Lateral Walk Overs
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart and with the bar to your left or right. Hands and arms should be behind your head.
2. Step over the bar with the closest foot to desired direction (left or right) using a feet together - feet apart motion. Set up bars 18” apart. You can set up as many bars as you’d like. The bars should be 12” or higher. Keep hips and shoulders squared throughout movement.
3. Repeat in opposite direction according to prescribed repetitions.
Complete 10 reps leading with each leg to equal 1 set
Hop Scotch with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with each foot in a ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first single ring.
3. Continue hopping and separate your feet to land in each foot in a ring.
4. Continue hopping until desired distance is met and repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Stand directly behind a bar or hurdle that is 12-18” above the floor.
2 . On the “go” signal, you will perform a forward step over the bar with the left foot, push off with the right foot, and land in an athletic stance 1 foot on the opposite side of the bar. You should be facing to the left or to the right when the second foot is down.
3. Immediately upon landing with one foot squat down into a crouched position and step to the right or left with the other foot under another bar that is 36” or taller.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite foot. Focus on quickness and fluid movement.
10 reps with each side equals 1 set
Fast Feet on Box
1. Stand behind box and place one foot on top of box, heel close to the closest edge.
2. Push off the box and explode vertically to bring the other foot onto the box.
3. Step back down with your feet reversed.
4. Repeat with other leg and continue according to prescribed number of repetitions.
Heavy Sled Pulls
1. Start by attaching the belt to your waist and get in position with tension on the rope.
2. Proceed to run for recommended distance at maximum effort.
3. Repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Contrasted Parachute running
1. Start by attaching the belt to your waist and running pulling the parachute behind.
2. At the suggested distance release the cord or belt and continue running for the suggested distance.
3. Repeat according to the prescribed repetitions.
Run for 15yds and then release chute and run for another 15yds.
Partner Assisted Running
1. Start by attaching the belt around your waist and the other belt around your partners waist.
2. Start by taking the slack out of the tubing.
3. Once the tubing is taut then start running and your partner is to create resistance so that you have to work harder to run. Continue sprinting or running for the desired distance.
4. Repeat for the desired repetitions.
5. Variations: Have a faster person in the front to tow the slower runner and force them to run faster. Another variation is to have the front runner create a stretch in the tubing and then both runners take off at the same time. The tubing pulls the 2nd runner at a faster rate of speed until the tension is gone in the tubing.