Quick Core Abdominal Workout
- Complete 2 sets of each exercise for 15-30 repetitions each.
Shoulder Roll Out (on knees)
Start on your knees and place your hands on the ball with your arms outstretched.
Rollout out the ball keeping your hips parallel with the rest of your body.
Return to the starting position by pulling your arms back up the ball until you are in an upright position.
Stability Ball Crunch
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands across your chest. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Arm to Leg Exchange
1) Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands straight behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2) Start position: Straighten legs and hold a stability ball between your legs.
3) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominals and raise shoulders off floor or bench. During the crunch, also bring legs and ball towards chest. At the top position transfer the ball from your legs to your hands.
4) Return to start position and repeat in the other direction.
5) Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Oblique Twists with med ball and balance
1. Sit on balance disc and balance on the disc using your abs to stabilize your body. Hold your feet a couple of inches off the ground.
2. Holding a medicine ball at chest level rotate to the right reaching the ball towards the ground to the right of you.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.