Abdominal Workout 1
1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands extended towards ceiling. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Also raise legs up towards ceiling and attempt to touch your hands to your feet.
3) Return to start position.
Side Flexion Stability Ball (overhead arms)
Starting Position: Lie on your side over the stability ball and spread your legs for balance.
Hold a medicine ball over your head and curl up towards the ceiling. Lay back down across the ball and repeat the movement.
Repeat with the other side.
One Arm Prone Bridge
Start Position: Roll out on the ball so that your shins are on the ball and you are supported by your hands in a table top position.
Take one hand and lift off the ground and bring back towards your hip.
Now raise it out in front of your head.
Repeat with other arm.
Stability Ball Crunch
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands across your chest. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.