Abdominal Workout 30
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Prone Plank Rotation on the ball
1. Start by placing your shins on top of the stability ball and getting yourself into a pushup position.
2. Keeping your body in a tight straight line rotate your legs so that the ball is now on the side of one of your legs. Your hips should be twisted compared to your upper torso.
3. Proceed to return to the starting position and repeat with the other side.
4. If this is too difficult to control and balance at first then move the ball up towards your thighs and complete the movement from there. When you have more control then move the ball back down towards your shins.
Pushup with rotation
1. Start by completing a normal pushup and then at the top of the second pushup pick your hand up off the ground and rotate your upper body so that your hand is above your head.
2. Proceed to complete this same movement with the other arm. Then return to a normal pushup.
3. Complete this movement for the desired number of repetitions.
4. To make this more challenging hold a dumbell in each hand while completing this movement.
Reverse Crunch with hands behind your head
1. Start by lying on your back with your hands behind or above your head.
2. Proceed to draw in your belly button toward your spine and lift both legs up at the same time towards your chest.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat making sure that you don't arch your back as you are lowering or raising your legs.
Elevated Prone Hip Extension
1. Start by placing your hands on the ground and your feet up on the wall.
2. Proceed to bring one knee in towards your chest and then kick your leg using your glute back onto the wall.
3. Repeat for the desired repetitions and then repeat with the other leg.