Abdominal Workout 27
Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
Rest for 1 minute between circuits.
1. Form a plank position with your elbows and your feet keeping your body parallel to the floor.
2. Keeping your trunk tight and parallel lift up one elbow and rotate your trunk and shoulders.
3. Hold for a count of 2 and then return to the starting position and repeat with the other arm.
4. Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Lie on your back with your legs bent 90 degrees at the hip.
2. Slowly lift your hips off the floor and towards the ceiling.
3. Lower your hips to the floor and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
3 point rollout on ball
1. Place your forearms on top of the ball and your feet anchored on the floor.
2. Keep your trunk in a parallel position and draw your belly button in towards your spine.
3. Slowly extend your arms out away from your body and then bring them back in towards your chest.
4. Do not let your hips drop below parallel. If this happens do not extend your arms as far. Your arms should only be extended as far as you can without dropping your hips below parallel.
Janda Sit up
1. The performance of this exercise is done by sitting in a normal situp position feet flat on ground but vigorously tightening hamstrings and glutes.
2. This will cause the hip flexors to be inactivated in a process called reciprocal inhibition which basically means that opposite muscles to the contracted ones will relax.
3. As you begin the exercise fill your lungs with air and in a slow three to five second count ascent, slowly exhale.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat.