Abdominal Workout 23
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Ball Crunch with band
1. Start by lying on top of the ball with the small of your back towards the top of the ball.
2. Place the stability ball in such a position so that the band is behind your head to start the movement. Crunch up and keep your hands and the band behind your head.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions.
Lying Side Crunch
1) Lie with back on floor or bench with knees bent.
2) Start position: Let your knees fall to the right so that your hips are somewhat rotated.
3) Leading with the chin and left shoulder, contract abdominal muscles and raise left shoulder off floor or bench towards left knee.
4) Return to start position. Repeat with other side.
5) Remember to keep head and neck in neutral position throughout movement. Do not twist excessively - elbow does not need to touch knee.
- Complete 15-30 reps with each side to complete 1 set.
Straight Arm Hold
Starting Position: Lie on your side with your right hand on the ground.
Lift yourself up to form a plank with your right arm straight and your left arm on your side.
Hold this position for the recommended number of reps.
Repeat with the other side.
Vertical Hip Raise
1. Step up onto apparatus and place forearms into pads. Grasp handles and stabilize shoulders by depressing shoulders down.
2. Start position: bring knees up with hip flexed at approximately 90°.
3. Keeping back firmly pressed against back support, slowly lower legs.
4. Return to start position.
5. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Keep stomach tight (naval drawn in towards spine) throughout entire movement.