Abdominal Workout 22
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Reverse Wood Chop with bands or cable
1. Start by standing parallel to the band or cable.
2. Hang onto the handle in front of your body. Keeping your arms semi straight rotate your body out and away from the band.
3. Keep your feet planted and twist from your trunk or core. Remember to keep your arms semi straight throughout the movement.
4. Return to the starting point and repeat according to the required repetitions.
5. Repeat with the other side.
Lateral flexion with bands and med ball
1. Start by laying across a medicine ball so that the ball is placed under your hip.
2. Grasp tubing that is attached to a fixed object and hold above your head. Laterally flex your body and raise your upper body up towards the ceiling. Keep your body parallel the entire time.
3. Repeat for the prescribed repetitions and then repeat with the other side.
Oblique Crunch with fitband
1) Lie with back on floor or bench with knees bent.
2) Start position: Hold bands from behind over your head.
3) Leading with the chin and right shoulder, contract abdominal muscles and raise right shoulder off floor or bench towards left knee.
4) Return to start position and repeat to the other side.
5) Remember to keep head and neck in neutral position throughout movement. Do not twist excessively - elbow does not need to touch knee.
Reverse Crunch with fit band
1) Start position: Lie with back on floor with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air. Wrap a band around your feet and secure the band to a fixed object.
2) Leading with the heels towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor.
3) Return to start position.
4) Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise.