Abdominal Workout 20
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Lateral Flexion on ball
1. Start by laying across a stability ball so that the ball is placed under your hip.
2. Laterally flex your body and raise your upper body up towards the ceiling. Keep your body parallel the entire time.
3. Repeat for the prescribed repetitions and then repeat with the other side.
Oblique Crunch with med ball
1) Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2) Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3) Place hands in over your head holding a medicine ball. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise right shoulder up and twist towards left knee and bring the ball towards that knee.
5) Return to start position and repeat with the other side.
Arm Rollout on the ball
1. Start by kneeling on the ground and placing one arm on top of the ball.
2. Keeping your abs tight and body parallel roll the ball forward letting your body roll forward with it.
3. Reach a point where it is hard to maintain stability and then using just your arm bring the ball in towards your body.
4. This is a great ab exercise but remember to keep your hips parallel with your body the entire time and just use your arm to move the ball forward and backwards.
Arm Raise Level 2 on Ball
1. Start by placing your feet on top of the ball and holding a plank position with your hands on the ground.
2. Once your body is stabilized in this plank position slowly raise one arm off the ground.
3. Bring the arm forward and then backwards to your hip.
4. Return to the start position and repeat with the other arm.