Abdominal Workout 19
- Complete in straight sets with 30 seconds
- rest between each set.
Prone Knee Tucks on Ball
1. Start by placing your legs on top of a stability ball and your hands on the ground to form a plank position.
2. Drive your knees in towards your chest bringing the ball with you.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat. Keep your abs tight and your hips parallel with your body.
Lateral Flexion on stability ball
1. Lie on your side with the stability ball just on top and above your hip. Spread your feet apart so that you can balance. Once your balance improves then put your feet together.
2. Holding a medicine ball at chest level laterally flex your trunk and contract your oblique muscles.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat. Switch to the other side and complete prescribed repetitions.
Supine Twist with med ball
1. Lie on your back with the ball under your upper shoulders and hold onto a medicine ball above your chest.
2. Keeping the ball in front of your chest rotate your shoulders and trunk until the ball is facing the side.
3. Try to keep your hips somewhat stable and facing the ceiling during this movement.
4. The movement should initiate from your trunk. Alternate sides until the prescribed repetitions are complete.
Seated Trunk Rotation with 1 leg
1. Start by sitting on the stability ball and hold a dumbell straight out in front of your shoulders.
2. Slowly raise one leg off the floor and maintain your balance.
3. Now rotate your trunk back and forth holding the dumbell out in front of you and keeping one leg off the floor.
4. Continue for the prescribed number of repetitions and repeat with the other leg.