Abdominal Workout 11
Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
Rest 1 minute between circuits
Side Flexion (overhead arms)
Starting Position: Lie on your side over the stability ball and spread your legs for balance.
Hold a medicine ball over your head and curl up towards the ceiling. Lay back down across the ball and repeat the movement.
Repeat with the other side.
Point Forward Roll
Place your arms on the ball and form a plank position with your feet and the ball.
Roll your arms out and extend them over your head.
Hold this position for 1-2 seconds and return to the starting position.
1) Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2) Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3) Place hands behind head with elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up and rotate your shoulders to the left.
5) Return to start position and repeat to the other side.
6) Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Alternating Single Leg Bridge
Rollout on the ball until just your feet are on the ball and you are forming a bridge.
Keeping this position lift one foot off of the ball and hold for 1-2 seconds.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.