Abdominal Workout 10
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
1) Start position: Lie with back on floor or bench with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air holding onto a ball. Position arms at sides with palms down on floor.
2) Leading with the heels towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor or bench.
3) Return to start position.
4) Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise.
Side Flexion "Medicine and Stability Ball"
Start Position: Lie on your side on top of the stability ball and separate your legs to maintain balance.
While holding a medicine ball in front of your chest laterally flex your trunk up towards the ceiling.
Return to starting position. Complete this on both sides.
Stability Ball Crunch
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands across your chest. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
One Arm Bride on Ball with Reach
Starting Position: Start on your knees with one forearm on the ball.
Roll yourself out towards the ball using the one arm to support your weight until your body is semi straight.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other arm.