Abdominal Workout 07
- Complete as one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
Oblique Crunch with med ball
1) Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2) Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3) Place hands in over your head holding a medicine ball. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise right shoulder up and twist towards left knee and bring the ball towards that knee.
5) Return to start position and repeat with the other side.
Russian Twist with med ball
1. Lie on your back with your feet extended into the air and your hips bent at 90 degrees. Hold a medicine ball between your feet while they are extended into the air.
2. Keeping your legs straight rotate them to the side until they almost touch the floor.
3. Bring your legs back up and rotate them to the other side keeping your feet together and holding the medicine ball.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Supine Twist with med ball
1. Lie on your back with the ball under your upper shoulders and hold onto a medicine ball above your chest.
2. Keeping the ball in front of your chest rotate your shoulders and trunk until the ball is facing the side.
3. Try to keep your hips somewhat stable and facing the ceiling during this movement.
4. The movement should initiate from your trunk. Alternate sides until the prescribed repetitions are complete.
Medicine Ball Trunk Rotation
1. Stand a desired distance from your partner both facing the same direction with opposite shoulders facing each other.
2. Have one partner wind up their torso and toss the ball to the other partner.
3. Proceed to catch the ball and wind up your torso and then return the ball to the other partner.
4. Repeat for prescribed repetitions and then repeat with the other side.