Abdominal Workout 6
Full Situp Rotation
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands on chest and hold a medicine ball. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up to a seated position. Rotate your shoulders to the left and then to the right.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Seated Russian Twist
Sit on your butt and suspend your feet off of the ground.
Holding a medicine ball rotate your shoulders side to side touching the medicine ball to the ground.
Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Toe Touch with Med Ball
1. Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with legs straight and up towards the ceiling. Your hands should be straight up and holding a medicine ball. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench and reach the medicine ball towards your feet.
3. Return to start position.
4. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Lateral flexion with bands and med ball
1. Start by laying across a medicine ball so that the ball is placed under your hip.
2. Grasp tubing that is attached to a fixed object and hold above your head. Laterally flex your body and raise your upper body up towards the ceiling. Keep your body parallel the entire time.
3. Repeat for the prescribed repetitions and then repeat with the other side.