Abdominal Workout 5
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
BOSU Side Plank
1. Lie sideways on the ball, hip in the middle and arm on the floor for support. Keep hips stacked, one foot on top of the other.
2. Contract the abs and lift legs off the floor until body is in a straight line.
3. To make it more difficult, lift lower arm off the ground.
4. Hold for required time.
- Repeat with each side for 1 set.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully underhand toss ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
One Leg V-Up
1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent, both hands behind head. Keep elbow back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Extend arms and also raise one leg up toward ceiling.
3) Return to start position.
Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. To increase resistance, hold medicine ball in hands. To decrease resistance, position hand closer towards body
1. Start position: Lie with back on floor or bench with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air holding onto a ball. Position arms at sides with palms down on floor.
2. Leading with the heels towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor or bench and twist to one side.
3. Return to start position. Repeat to the other side.
4. Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise.